|Employer||Toronto Transit Commission|
|Deadline||9. August 2020|
|Level||Mid-career (3-7 years expertise required)|
Requisition ID: 2485
Number of Vacancies: 2.00
Department: Diversity and Human Rights
Salary Information: $95,877.60 – $119,919.80
Pay Scale Group: 10SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35, Off Days: Saturday & Sunday
Posted On: July 17, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 9, 2020
Reports to: Manager – Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been acknowledged as one of many prime locations to work within the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, and a dedication to enhancing public confidence and belief in its providers, the TTC’s imaginative and prescient is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are instantly aligned to its mission of offering “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
The TTC is establishing a brand new Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office to make sure enhanced oversight, accountability and transparency within the TTC’s public criticism processes and investigations involving the conduct and/or providers of the TTC Special Constables and Fare Inspectors. The TTC is searching for two Senior Investigators to hitch the group.
The Senior Investigator within the TTC Fare Inspector and Special Constable Complaints Office conducts neutral and unbiased investigations into advanced and severe complaints of misconduct by TTC Fare Inspectors and Special Constables (“FISC”), together with alleged contraventions and/or violations of TTC and/or Special Constables Services and Revenue Protection (“SCSRP”) insurance policies, procedures, requirements and associated laws. The Senior Investigator opinions, investigates, analyzes and drafts investigation stories coping with varied particular person and systemic points, and ensures investigations are carried out in a good and thorough method.
Key Job Functions
- Leads, opinions, investigates, analyses and resolves advanced and severe complaints involving the conduct and/or providers of FISC, together with however not restricted to, allegations of extreme use of drive, misuse of arrest authority, harassment, discrimination and violence in contravention and/or violation of TTC’s insurance policies and/or SCSRP departmental insurance policies, and associated laws, in a well timed, thorough, neutral, and truthful method in accordance with investigation laws, guidelines, insurance policies and greatest follow.
- Reviews and assesses severe complaints involving FISC from varied sources, together with however restricted to, TTC Customer Service Centre, administration, members of the general public, exterior stakeholders, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) or from another administrative physique or adjudicator.
- Drafts investigation plans, figuring out the mandate, scope and methodology and methods required to hold out a radical, truthful and well timed investigation.
- Coordinates and conducts interviews to assemble proof all through the investigative course of.
- Identifies potential investigative boundaries and recommends efficient options and methods.
- Writes detailed, top quality investigation stories which embrace a transparent assessment of the info and proof of the case, an goal and well-reasoned evaluation of the proof and credibility evaluation of the events, factual findings and detailed evaluation of relevant TTC insurance policies and laws.
- Testifies and provides proof relating to investigations in authorized procedures, together with arbitration, Ontario Human Rights Tribunal hearings, felony and/or civil litigation.
- Ensures compliance to contractual and legislative insurance policies, procedures, and requirements associated to office investigations, together with however not restricted to, the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Anti-Racism Act, the TTC’s Special Constable Agreement with the Toronto Police Services Board, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Delivers schooling and/or coaching on the FISC public criticism procedures as required.
- Promotes a respectful work and repair setting that helps variety, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides management within the growth and implementation of inclusive and accessible insurance policies, applications and/or providers for workers and clients in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations beneath the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s insurance policies.
- Demonstrate specialised experience and data within the assigned subject
- Understand and apply related legal guidelines and laws
- Create and ship stories and shows in varied codecs
- Gather data and conduct analysis
- Use workplace expertise, software program and purposes
- Apply analytical expertise
- Manage battle
Education and Experience
- Completion of a diploma program or post-secondary diploma in a subject associated to a number of of the next: Law, Diversity and Human Rights, Labour Relations, Social Work, Sociology, Social Justice, Criminology, Public Administration, or a associated subject, mixed with demonstrated in depth instantly associated work expertise in conducting office investigations and battle decision.
- Thorough data and demonstrated capacity to interpret and apply the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Anti-Racism Act, the Criminal Code of Canada, the Mental Health Act, the Provincial Offences Act, TTC By-law #1 the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario’s procedures, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the AODA and different related federal, provincial and municipal laws mixed with an excellent data of fairness ideas and jurisprudence associated to human rights, variety and inclusion points.
- Experience in growing/drafting investigative plans, gathering proof, interviewing and report writing.
- Knowledge, involvement and familiarity with the historical past of and boundaries confronted by racialized, Indigenous and Black communities because of racism and anti-Black racism problems with fairness and systematic change.
- Extensive/efficient interviewing investigative and analysis expertise, report writing and presentation expertise.
- Recent expertise in office conduct and human rights investigations in an impartial oversight operate, in addition to thorough and in depth data of, and expertise in, various dispute decision (conciliation/mediation/negotiation) methods.
- Demonstrated expertise making ready top quality detailed investigation stories coping with particular person and systemic points and making use of related insurance policies and laws.
- Excellent judgement and objectivity supported by sturdy analytical, downside fixing expertise and case administration expertise.
- Strong relationship/interpersonal expertise and skill to realize credibility in any respect administration ranges to influence and affect choices and have an effect on actions.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time administration expertise
- Strong communication expertise (each verbal and written) and interpersonal expertise, together with the flexibility to cope with problems with a delicate and confidential nature.
- Ability to work beneath excessive stress and stress, and deal with extremely delicate and confrontational points and emotionally charged conditions.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and in a group setting.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer support and high quality ideas in service supply and software of procedural equity.
To discover out extra concerning the TTC and to use on-line, by August 9, 2020, please go to www.ttc.ca/jobs, click on on “current employment opportunities” and enter Requisition ID 2485 within the search subject.
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity however advise that solely these chosen for an interview shall be contacted.
The TTC is dedicated to fostering a optimistic office tradition with a workforce that’s consultant of the communities it serves. Committed to the ideas of variety and inclusion, the TTC encourages purposes from all certified candidates. Accommodation is accessible for candidates, together with these with disabilities, all through the recruitment course of. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits kin of present TTC staff from being employed, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, the place there’s a battle of curiosity because of relationship. Should you be chosen for an interview, you can be required to reveal the title, relationship, and place of any relative who’s a present TTC worker.