(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
LEARNING HOW TO CAPTURE SUCH QUALITY HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
Inside you’ll find guidelines for rendering accurate skin tones in a variety of media, including watercolor, oil and pastel. You’ll begin with a review of the five essential painting elements (drawing, value, color, composition and edges), then learn how light and color influence the appearance of skin tones. Best-selling artist Chris Saper provides the advice and examples that make every lesson and technique easy to understand―immediately improving the quality of your work. You’ll discover how to:
- Paint the four major skin color groups (Caucasian, African American, Asian, and Hispanic)
- Refine these colors into dozens of possible variations within each group
- Select your palette and mix hues for clean, beautiful colors
- Determine the color and temperature of light that falls on your subject
- Paint direct and indirect sunlight, artificial light and highlights of light
- Master the four elements that determine color in shadow
- Use photographic references when you can’t paint directly from life
You’ll also find seven step-by-step demonstrations and an appendix of sample color charts for each major skin type under a range of lighting variations. It’s all you need to bring your portraits to life!
Publisher:North Light Books; Revised ed. edition (March 12, 2015)
Item Weight:15.2 ounces
Dimensions:8.5 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches