Reduce your danger of getting COVID-19.
It is particularly vital for individuals at elevated danger of extreme sickness from COVID-19, and people who dwell with them, to guard themselves from getting COVID-19.
The finest approach to shield your self and to assist scale back the unfold of the virus that causes COVID-19 is to:
If you begin feeling sick and assume you will have COVID-19, get in contact along with your healthcare supplier inside 24 hours
Venturing out right into a public setting? What to think about earlier than you go.
As communities and companies throughout the United States are opening, you might be desirous about resuming some activities, running errands, and attending events and gatherings. There isn’t any approach to make sure you have zero danger of an infection, so you will need to perceive the dangers and know how one can be as protected as potential.
People at elevated danger of extreme sickness from COVID-19, and people who dwell with them, ought to think about their stage of danger earlier than deciding to go out and guarantee they’re taking steps to protect themselves. Consider avoiding actions the place taking protecting measures could also be tough, comparable to actions the place social distancing can’t be maintained. Everyone ought to take steps to forestall getting and spreading COVID-19 to guard themselves, their communities, and people who find themselves at elevated danger of extreme sickness.
In normal, the extra individuals you work together with, the extra carefully you work together with them, and the longer that interplay, the upper your danger of getting and spreading COVID-19.
- If you resolve to interact in public actions, proceed to guard your self by practicing everyday preventive actions.
- Keep these things readily available and use them when venturing out: a material face protecting, tissues, and a hand sanitizer with not less than 60% alcohol, if potential.
- If potential, keep away from others who are usually not sporting cloth face coverings or ask others round you to put on material face coverings.
Are you contemplating in-person visits with household and associates? Here are some issues to think about to assist make your go to as protected as potential:
When to delay or cancel a go to
In normal, the extra individuals you work together with, the extra carefully you work together with them, and the longer that interplay, the upper the chance of COVID-19 unfold. So, think about:
- How many individuals will you work together with?
- Can you retain 6 toes of house between you and others?
- Will you be outdoor or indoors?
- What’s the size of time that you’ll be interacting with individuals?
Encourage social distancing throughout your go to
- Visit along with your family and friends outdoor, when potential. If this isn’t possible, ensure the room or house is well-ventilated (for instance, open home windows or doorways) and enormous sufficient to accommodate social distancing.
- Arrange tables and chairs to permit for social distancing. People from the identical family may be in teams collectively and don’t have to be 6 toes aside from one another.
- Consider actions the place social distancing may be maintained, like sidewalk chalk artwork or yard video games.
- Try to keep away from shut contact along with your guests. For instance, don’t shake arms, elbow bump, or hug. Instead wave and verbally greet them.
- If potential, keep away from others who are usually not sporting material face coverings or ask others round you to put on material face coverings.
- Consider protecting a listing of individuals you visited or who visited you and when the go to occurred. This will assist with contract tracing if somebody turns into sick.
Wear material face coverings
- Cloth face coverings must be worn over the nostril and mouth. Cloth face coverings are particularly vital when it’s tough to remain not less than 6 toes aside from others or when individuals are indoors to assist shield one another.
- Cloth face coverings could sluggish the unfold of the virus and assist individuals who could have the virus and have no idea it from transmitting it to others
- Wearing a material face protecting helps protects others in case you’re contaminated, whereas others put on one to guard it is best to they be contaminated.
- Who ought to NOT use material face coverings: Children beneath age 2 or anybody who has bother respiratory, is unconscious, or is incapacitated or in any other case unable to take away the masks with out help.
Wash arms usually
- Everyone ought to wash their hands for not less than 20 seconds in the beginning and finish of the go to and everytime you assume your arms could have turn into contaminated.
- If cleaning soap and water are usually not available, comparable to with outside visits or actions, use a hand sanitizer that incorporates not less than 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your arms and rub them collectively till they really feel dry.
- Remind friends to clean or sanitize their arms earlier than serving or consuming meals.
- Use single-use hand towels or paper towels for drying arms so guests don’t share towels. Have a no-touch trash can out there for friends to make use of.
Limit contact with generally touched surfaces or shared objects
- Encourage your guests to convey their very own meals and drinks.
- Clean and disinfect generally touched surfaces and any shared objects between use.
- If you select to make use of any shared objects which can be reusable (e.g., seating covers, tablecloths, linen napkins), wash, clear, and sanitize them after the occasion.
If you might be desirous about taking part in an occasion or gathering:
If you might be at elevated danger for extreme sickness, think about avoiding high-risk gatherings. The danger of COVID-19 spreading at occasions and gatherings will increase as follows:
Lowest danger: Virtual-only actions, occasions, and gatherings.
More danger: Smaller outside and in-person gatherings during which people from totally different households stay spaced not less than 6 toes aside, put on material face coverings, don’t share objects, and are available from the identical native space (e.g., group, city, metropolis, or county).
Higher danger: Medium-sized in-person gatherings which can be tailored to permit people to stay spaced not less than 6 toes aside and with attendees coming from outdoors the native space.
Highest danger: Large in-person gatherings the place it’s tough for people to stay spaced not less than 6 toes aside and attendees journey from outdoors the native space.
Stay wholesome throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Staying wholesome throughout the pandemic is vital. Talk to your healthcare supplier about whether or not your vaccinations and different preventive companies are updated to assist stop you from changing into unwell with different illnesses.
- It is especially vital for these at elevated danger of extreme sickness, together with older adults, to obtain really helpful vaccinations in opposition to influenza and pneumococcal illness.
- Remember the significance of staying physically active and practising wholesome habits to cope with stress.
If you may have an underlying medical situation, it is best to proceed to comply with your therapy plan:
- Continue your medicines and don’t change your therapy plan with out speaking to your healthcare supplier.
- Have not less than a 30-day provide of prescription and non-prescription medicines. Talk to a healthcare provider, insurer, and pharmacist about getting an additional provide (i.e., greater than 30 days) of prescription medicines, if potential, to scale back your journeys to the pharmacy.
- Do not delay getting emergency care in your underlying medical situation due to COVID-19. Emergency departments have contingency an infection prevention plans to guard you from getting COVID-19 in the event you want care.
- Call your healthcare supplier you probably have any issues about your underlying medical situations or in the event you get sick and assume that you will have COVID-19. If you want emergency assist, name 911 immediately.
- If you don’t have a healthcare supplier, contact your nearest community health centerexternal icon or health department.