|Employer||Toronto Transit Commission|
|Deadline||9. August 2020|
|Level||Mid-career (3-7 years expertise required)|
Requisition ID: 2501
Number of Vacancies: 2.00
Department: Diversity and Human Rights
Salary Information: $83,246.80 – $104,067.60
Pay Scale Group: 9SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35, Off Days: Saturday & Sunday
Posted On: July 17, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 9, 2020
Reports to: Manager – Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been acknowledged as one of many prime locations to work within the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, and a dedication to enhancing public confidence and belief in its companies, the TTC’s imaginative and prescient is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are straight aligned to its mission of offering “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
The TTC is establishing a brand new Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office to make sure enhanced oversight, accountability and transparency within the TTC’s public criticism processes and investigations involving the conduct and/or companies of the TTC Special Constables and Fare Inspectors. The TTC is in search of two Investigators to hitch the crew.
The Investigator within the TTC Fare Inspector and Special Constable Complaints Office conducts neutral and unbiased investigations into complaints involving TTC Fare Inspectors and Special Constables (“FISC”), together with alleged contraventions and/or violations of TTC and/or Special Constables Services and Revenue Protection (“SCSRP”) insurance policies, procedures, requirements and associated laws, guaranteeing investigations are performed in a good, and thorough method. The Investigator opinions, investigates, analyzes and resolves complaints, together with conducting mediations and different strategies of battle decision as acceptable.
Key Job Functions
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves complaints involving the conduct and/or companies of FISC, together with however not restricted to, alleged contraventions and/or violations of TTC’s insurance policies and/or the SCSRP departmental insurance policies, procedures and requirements in a well timed, thorough and truthful method in accordance with investigation rules, guidelines, insurance policies and finest follow.
- Receives and opinions complaints involving FISC from varied sources, together with however not restricted to, TTC Customer Service Centre, administration, members of the general public, exterior stakeholders.
- Follows up with the Complainants to acquire all related data and documentation.
- Uses a wide range of communication abilities together with methods to successfully talk with individuals who could also be distressed because of an alleged incident.
- Conducts analysis together with figuring out relevant laws, case regulation, rules, TTC insurance policies or procedures and making centered inquiries to determine alternatives for potential decision or to make suggestions on the disposition of complaints.
- Identifies instances for potential early or various dispute decision (ADR) strategies and facilitates identical, utilizing a wide range of efficient battle decision methods.
- Conducts thorough and goal investigations of complaints with a deal with fact-finding, equity, timelines and a spotlight to element.
- Writes detailed, prime quality investigation experiences which embody a transparent assessment of the info and proof of the case, an goal and well-reasoned evaluation of the proof and credibility evaluation of the events, factual findings and detailed evaluation of relevant TTC insurance policies and laws.
- Recommends acceptable disposition of complaints in keeping with an goal, neutral and evidence-based evaluation of the problems.
- Prepares clear and cogent correspondence and documentation, speaking the substance of the criticism, recognized points and rationale for the evaluation and disposition of the criticism.
- Communicates the outcomes of the investigation to the events, together with offering a written abstract of findings.
- Promotes a respectful work and repair atmosphere that helps range, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides management within the growth and implementation of inclusive and accessible insurance policies, packages and/or companies for workers and prospects in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations underneath the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s insurance policies.
- Demonstrate specialised experience and information within the assigned area
- Understand and apply related legal guidelines and rules
- Conflict decision expertise
- Create and ship displays and experiences in varied codecs
- Gather data and conduct analysis
- Use workplace know-how, software program and purposes
- Apply analytical abilities
- Communicate in a wide range of mediums
Education and Experience
- Completion of a diploma program or post-secondary diploma in a area associated to a number of of the next: Law, Diversity and Human Rights, Labour Relations, Social Work, Sociology, Social Justice, Criminology, Public Administration, or a associated area, mixed with demonstrated intensive straight associated work expertise in conducting office investigations and battle decision.
- Thorough information of the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Anti-Racism Act, the Mental Health Act, the Provincial Offences Act, TTC By-law #1, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario’s procedures, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and different related federal, provincial and municipal laws mixed with information of fairness rules and jurisprudence associated to human rights, range and inclusion points.
- Knowledge, involvement and familiarity with the historical past of and obstacles confronted by racialized, Indigenous and Black communities as a consequence of racism and anti-Black racism problems with fairness and systematic change.
- Investigation expertise, together with criticism consumption and evaluation, gathering proof. evaluation and report writing.
- Recent expertise in office conduct and human rights investigations in an impartial, oversight perform, in addition to thorough information of, and expertise in, various dispute decision (conciliation/mediation/negotiation) methods.
- Demonstrated expertise making ready prime quality detailed investigation experiences coping with particular person and systemic points and making use of related insurance policies and laws.
- Excellent judgement and objectivity supported by robust analytical, drawback fixing abilities and case administration abilities.
- Strong relationship/interpersonal abilities and skill to achieve credibility in any respect administration ranges to impression and affect selections and have an effect on actions.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time administration abilities.
- Strong communication abilities and interpersonal abilities, together with the power to cope with problems with a delicate and confidential nature. Ability to work underneath excessive stress and stress and deal with extremely delicate and confrontational points and emotionally charged conditions.
- Demonstrated potential to work independently and in a crew atmosphere.
- Demonstrated dedication to customer support and high quality rules in service supply and software of procedural equity.
To discover out extra in regards to the TTC and to use on-line, by August 9, 2020, please go to www.ttc.ca/jobs, click on on “current employment opportunities” and enter Requisition ID 2501 within the search area.
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity however advise that solely these chosen for an interview can be contacted.
The TTC is dedicated to fostering a constructive office tradition with a workforce that’s consultant of the communities it serves. Committed to the rules of range and inclusion, the TTC encourages purposes from all certified candidates. Accommodation is on the market for candidates, together with these with disabilities, all through the recruitment course of. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits kinfolk of present TTC workers from being employed, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, the place there’s a battle of curiosity as a consequence of relationship. Should you be chosen for an interview, you’ll be required to reveal the identify, relationship, and place of any relative who’s a present TTC worker.