Based on obtainable proof, youngsters don’t look like at greater threat for COVID-19 than adults. While some youngsters and infants have been sick with COVID-19, adults make up many of the recognized circumstances so far.
Watch your little one for any indicators of COVID-19 sickness
COVID-19 can look totally different in several individuals. For many individuals, being sick with COVID-19 could be slightly bit like having the flu. People can get a fever, cough, or have a tough time taking deep breaths. Most individuals who have gotten COVID-19 haven’t gotten very sick. Only a small group of people that get it have had extra severe issues.
CDC and companions are investigating circumstances of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in youngsters (MIS-C) related to COVID-19. Learn extra about COVID-19 and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C).
Take steps to guard youngsters and others
Help cease the unfold of COVID-19 by doing the identical issues everybody ought to do to remain wholesome. Teach your youngsters to do the identical.
- Clean fingers usually utilizing cleaning soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid people who find themselves sick (coughing and sneezing).
- Put distance between your youngsters and different individuals outdoors of your private home. Keep children at least 6 feet from other people.
- Children 2 years and older ought to put on a cloth face covering over their nostril and mouth when in public settings the place it’s tough to apply social distancing. This is an extra public well being measure individuals ought to take to scale back the unfold of COVID-19 along with (not as an alternative of) the opposite on a regular basis preventive actions listed above.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces day by day in family frequent areas (like tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, gentle switches, remotes, handles, desks, bathrooms, and sinks).
- Launder gadgets together with washable plush toys as wanted. Follow the producer’s directions. If doable, launder gadgets utilizing the warmest acceptable water setting and dry gadgets fully. Dirty laundry from an ailing particular person could be washed with different individuals’s gadgets.
You can discover further data on stopping COVID-19 at How to Protect Yourself and at Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities. Additional data on how COVID-19 is unfold is out there at How COVID-19 Spreads.
Limit time with different youngsters
If youngsters meet in teams, it could possibly put everybody in danger. Children can move this virus onto others who’ve an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Practice social distancing
The key to slowing the unfold of COVID-19 is to restrict contact as a lot as doable. While college is out, youngsters mustn’t have in-person playdates with youngsters from different households. If youngsters are enjoying outdoors their very own houses, it’s important that they continue to be 6 ft from anybody who isn’t in their very own family.
To assist youngsters keep social connections whereas social distancing, assist your youngsters have supervised telephone calls or video chats with their associates.
Clean fingers usually
Make certain youngsters apply everyday preventive behaviors, similar to washing their fingers usually with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds. This is particularly essential when you have been in a public place.
Change journey plans
Revise journey plans in the event that they included non-essential journey.
Limit time with individuals at highest threat of extreme sickness from COVID-19
- If others in your house have an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, contemplate additional precautions to separate your little one from these individuals.
- If you’re unable to remain dwelling together with your little one whereas college is out, fastidiously contemplate who is likely to be finest positioned to offer little one care. If somebody at greater threat for COVID-19 will likely be offering care (older grownup, similar to a grandparent or somebody with a continual medical situation), restrict your youngsters’s contact with different individuals.
- Consider suspending visits or journeys to see older relations and grandparents. Connect just about or by writing letters and sending by way of mail.