What are the benefits of swearing?
Scientists proved that swear words are great for relieving pain and expressing what's inside. These words have a cathartic effect helping us to vent and communicate our thoughts and feelings. Insults make people more tolerant to pain, according to the experiments of some famous psychologists. More than that, it is said that swear words make us more honest and trustworthy. People who swear lie less than others. Swearing is a great and enjoyable way to create a positive environment at work or at home. The insults said as a joke help create bonding between people. There are a lot of benefits of swearing that's why we create interesting lessons with swear words for the most curious people!
Fun facts about swearing
Here are some of the most interesting facts about swearing:
- 1. Swear words make up 5 – 7% of the average vocabulary of a person and this is a lot!
- 2. There is a disorder called coprolalia. It is when a person urges to express himself with swear words in every situation.
- 3. Kids pick up swear words before other words. Some of them learn insults before even learning the alphabet.
- 4. Virginia is a city where swearing in public is illegal.
- 5. There is no specific group of words that are considered insults in Japanese, compared to English.
- 6. One of the oldest obscene words in English is fart. It is about 800 years old.
- 7. Curious to know what's the most popular swear word on Facebook? It is shit.