|Employer||Toronto Transit Commission|
|Deadline||9. August 2020|
|Level||Mid-career (3-7 years expertise required)|
Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office
Requisition ID: 2502
Number of Vacancies: 1.00
Department: Diversity and Human Rights
Salary Information: $107,616.60 – $134,579.80
Pay Scale Group: 11SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35 Off Days: Saturday & Sunday
Posted On: July 17, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 9, 2020
Reports to: Head, Diversity and Human Rights
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been acknowledged as one of many prime locations to work within the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan and a dedication to enhancing public confidence and belief in its providers, the TTC’s imaginative and prescient is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are instantly aligned to its mission of offering “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
The TTC is establishing a brand new Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office to make sure enhanced oversight, accountability and transparency within the TTC’s public criticism processes and investigations involving TTC Special Constables and Fare Inspectors. The TTC is on the lookout for a Manager to affix the staff.
The Manager, Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints, will lead and oversee a staff of investigators within the TTC Fare Inspector & Special Constable Complaints Office (the Office”). The Office is meant to conduct neutral and unbiased investigations into allegations/complaints involving TTC Fare Inspectors and Special Constables (“FISC”) together with alleged contraventions and/or violations of TTC and/or Special Constables Services and Revenue Protection (“SCSRP”) insurance policies, procedures, requirements and associated laws, guaranteeing investigations are carried out in a impartial, truthful, and thorough method. The Manager can even be liable for offering suggestions arising out of investigations on the methods, insurance policies and actions to senior administration and/or the TTC Board with the aim of enhancing the effectiveness of SCRSP’s customer support in help of TTC’s fairness and human rights packages.
Key Job Functions
- Implements investigative frameworks, protocols, insurance policies and procedures for the Office, offering suggestions round adjustments to the protocols and procedures to make sure an neutral and unbiased strategy to investigations of complaints
- Leads a staff of execs, managing all elements of investigations, together with criticism consumption, overview, coordination, evaluation, and drafting of the Office’s investigative experiences
- Prepares and is liable for annual public reporting and different periodic reporting on criticism investigations to TTC Executives, the TTC Board, and City Council.
- Reviews and gives suggestions on TTC’s SCSRP’s packages and insurance policies enhancements to advertise equitable, inclusive, respectful and harassment, discrimination and violence-free customer support.
- Prepares and/or oversees the creation of experiences associated to TTC’s complaints statistics, developments evaluation and outcomes of criticism investigations involving Special Constables and Fare Inspectors for its annual public report and different periodic reporting to TTC Executives, Toronto Police Services Board and the TTC Board,
- Liaises with inner and exterior stakeholders and group teams with respect to points relating to TTC SCSRP’s public criticism procedures and investigations
- Develops and delivers schooling and/or coaching on the FISC public criticism procedures.
- Oversees casual resolutions together with mediations and different strategies of different dispute decision.
- Promotes a respectful work and repair setting that helps range, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides management within the growth and implementation of inclusive and accessible insurance policies, packages and/or providers for workers and clients in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations underneath the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Anti-Racism Act, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s insurance policies.
- Demonstrate specialised experience and information within the assigned discipline
- Understand and apply related legal guidelines and rules
- Experience in growing/drafting investigative plans, gathering proof, interviewing and report writing is required
- Create and ship displays in varied codecs
- Use workplace know-how, software program and purposes
- Plan and arrange actions / initiatives to satisfy part and organizational objectives
- Manage battle
Education and Experience
- Completion of a diploma program or post-secondary diploma in a discipline associated to a number of of the next: Law, Diversity and Human Rights, Labour Relations, Social Work, Sociology, Social Justice, Criminology, Public Administration, or a associated discipline, mixed with demonstrated intensive instantly associated work expertise in conducting office investigations and battle decision.
- Strong understanding of the authorized setting in addition to thorough information and demonstrated means to interpret and apply the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Anti-Racism Act, the Criminal Code of Canada, the Mental Health Act, the Provincial Offences Act, TTC By-law #1, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario procedures, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and different related federal, provincial and municipal laws mixed with a powerful information of fairness, and variety rules and jurisprudence associated to, human rights, range and inclusion points.
- Knowledge, involvement and familiarity with the historical past of and obstacles confronted by racialized, Indigenous and Black communities as a result of racism and anti-Black racism problems with fairness and systemic change.
- Extensive/efficient interviewing, investigative and analysis expertise, report writing and presentation expertise.
- Experience in growing and implementing criticism investigation and backbone frameworks, methods, insurance policies, procedures and proposals.
- Experience in office conduct and human rights investigations, together with in an oversight perform, in addition to thorough and intensive information of, and expertise in, different dispute decision (conciliation/mediation/negotiation) methods.
- Demonstrated expertise making ready top quality detailed investigation experiences coping with particular person and/or systemic points and making use of related insurance policies and laws.
- Excellent judgement and objectivity supported by sturdy analytical, downside fixing expertise and case administration expertise.
- Strong relationship/interpersonal expertise and skill to realize credibility with administration in any respect ranges, completely different ranges of presidency in addition to completely different stakeholder teams.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time administration expertise.
- Strong communication expertise (each verbal and written) and interpersonal expertise, together with the flexibility to take care of problems with a delicate and confidential nature.
- Ability to work underneath excessive stress and stress and deal with extremely delicate and confrontational points and emotionally charged conditions.
- Demonstrated means to work independently and in a staff setting.
- Demonstrated means to successfully lead and inspire a staff of workers.
- Demonstrated dedication to equitable and accessible customer support, and the appliance of procedural equity.
To discover out extra concerning the TTC and to use on-line, by August 9, 2020, please go to www.ttc.ca/jobs, click on on “current employment opportunities” and enter Requisition ID 2502 within the search discipline.
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity however advise that solely these chosen for an interview can be contacted.
The TTC is dedicated to fostering a constructive office tradition with a workforce that’s consultant of the communities it serves. Committed to the rules of range and inclusion, the TTC encourages purposes from all certified candidates. Accommodation is accessible for candidates, together with these with disabilities, all through the recruitment course of. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at 416-393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits family of present TTC workers from being employed, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, the place there’s a battle of curiosity as a result of relationship. Should you be chosen for an interview, you can be required to reveal the identify, relationship, and place of any relative who’s a present TTC worker.