|Employer||University of Toronto|
|Deadline||18. June 2020|
|Level||Senior-level (7+ years expertise required)|
The Faculty of Law is among the oldest skilled colleges on the University of Toronto. Today, it is among the world’s nice regulation colleges. The Faculty’s wealthy educational applications are complemented by its many authorized clinics and public curiosity applications. The Faculty of Law is housed within the elegant, state-of-the-art Jackman Law Building, alongside two historic buildings, Flavelle House and Falconer Hall, on the St. George Campus in downtown Toronto.
The International Human Rights Program enhances the authorized safety of current and rising worldwide human rights obligations by advocacy, knowledge-exchange, and capacity-building initiatives that present experiential studying alternatives for college kids and authorized experience to civil society.
In session with, and dealing beneath the route of, the Assistant Dean JD Program, the incumbent has duties within the areas of Planning and Policy Development, Advocacy, External Relations and Communications, Development, Administration, Project Management, and Human Resource Management.
The Director, International Human Rights Program (IHRP) gives scientific, instructional, and administrative management and help to the IHRP. The incumbent is the first contact and answerable for all issues associated to the IHRP. Working carefully with the Faculty, together with the Assistant Dean, the Director develops priorities, methods, and aims for the IHRP. The Director oversees the entire IHRP’s advocacy initiatives, together with the clinic, working teams, speaker collection, Rights Review journal, internships, and mentorship program. The incumbent works with the Faculty to pick out advocacy alternatives for the IHRP, supervises college students engaged on advocacy, and develops and delivers scientific authorized education schemes on the Faculty. The Director organizes and runs seminars, applications, workshops and conferences; drafts place papers, experiences, and pleadings; represents the IHRP to numerous stakeholder teams, together with the authorized career, judiciary, coverage makers, public curiosity advocates, personal organizations, authorities, funders and regulation colleges throughout Canada and internationally; and oversees all operations, together with inside and exterior communications, funds, fundraising, public relations, and publications.
– LL.B. (J.D.) diploma or equal mixture of schooling and expertise; LL.M or different graduate diploma is an asset.
– Minimum of 5 years’ associated expertise in a regulation agency, public group, or authorities workplace, together with expertise related to worldwide human rights advocacy and litigation.
– Extensive number of expertise in coping with members of the authorized career and worldwide human rights advocates each inside and outdoors Canada.
– Strong familiarity with authorized schooling, public curiosity advocacy, and worldwide human rights regulation.
– Related expertise in senior positions inside administration and administration in a publicly funded or public curiosity group is an asset.
– Wide vary of profession expertise together with dealings with the media, funders, college students, and most people is an asset.
– Comprehensive and world understanding of the University of Toronto, in addition to normal data of the post-secondary schooling system, is an asset.
– Licensed to observe in Ontario; candidates licensed to observe in different jurisdictions with robust Human Rights expertise will probably be thought of.
– Proficient with of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and web looking out.
– Demonstrated superior oral and written communication and advocacy abilities.
– Excellent analysis and analytical abilities.
– Strong venture administration abilities.
– Effective drawback solver; well-developed judgment and decision-making abilities.
– Strong fundraising abilities, together with expertise in grant growth.
– Strong management abilities.
– Superior drive and enterprise.
– Ability to handle conflicting priorities and deadlines.
– Ability to deal with issues of a delicate and confidential nature.
– Diplomacy, discretion, tact, nice method, capability to work effectively independently in addition to with all kinds of individuals.
Employee Group: Professional / Managerial
Appointment Type: Grant – Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: PM 4 — Hiring Zone: $91,506 – $106,758 — Broadband Salary Range: $91,506 – $152,510
Job Field: Student Academic Experience
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2020
Job Closing: Jun 18, 2020, 5:59:00 AM