|Employer||American Civil Liberties Union|
|Deadline||11. October 2020|
|Degree||Mid-career (3-7 years expertise required)|
The American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland /ACLU Basis of Maryland seeks a gifted group advocate, efficient persuasive communicator and an skilled outreach skilled to develop grassroots stage initiatives that assist engagement and mobilization targets of the group in advancing the ACLU’s broad and impressive civil rights and civil liberties agenda. This can be a full-time place based mostly in Baltimore Metropolis. The best candidate will likely be primarily accountable for constructing volunteer capability inside a sustained organizing program to assist execute the ACLU of MD’s strategic targets and our statewide motion constructing efforts. The Group Organizer will even work carefully with our group’s Communications, Public Coverage, and Authorized departments, coalition companions and also will sometimes interface with the ACLU Nationwide Workplace.
Leads a staff of group volunteers, interns, and others helpers engaged in race fairness initiatives and social justice reforms by means of efficient canvassing and campaigning. Applies a racial fairness lens to all issues of labor.
- Represents the ACLU of MD and promotes its strategic initiatives and core missions.
- Gives steering in creating and implementing methods to prepare Marylanders throughout the state to work towards attaining the ACLU of MD’s strategic targets, together with creating marketing campaign plans, and turning targets and methods into ways, timelines and metrics.
- Mobilizes and expands assist for state-based civil liberties points amongst ACLU of Maryland
members and non-member supporters.
- Develops and implements methods to broaden the ACLU of MD’s inner and volunteer corps
although recruitment, coaching, recognition and thanks, and ongoing engagement.
- Works with advocacy know-how instruments, together with implementing the perfect use of volunteer
administration software program, social media, and digital outreach instruments together with textual content messaging & phonebanking software program, to extend engagement.
- In collaboration with the Communications, Public Coverage, and Authorized Departments, develops persuasive and informative outreach supplies, together with reality sheets, speaking factors, and pattern letters-to-the-editor.
- Tracks packages’ progress to targets, produces stories and highlights and modify plans as obligatory.
- Ensures that mobilization efforts are a part of long-term organizing and capability constructing for the ACLU of MD, together with aiding in organising and executing two-way communication channels for volunteers and recruiting and supporting volunteer leaders, and coalition members in key regional areas.
- Devises and implements coaching for ACLU workers, members and non-member supporters to construct an ongoing progress and improvement course of, together with particular coaching on group outreach and engagement, assembly with elected officers, volunteer-led outreach like phone-banking and canvassing, information administration, interacting with media, and utilizing know-how to take on-line activism offline.
- Networks inside Black, Brown, and previously incarcerated communities, together with scholar/instructor management to assist recruit, prepare, and handle an energetic volunteer pool.
- Gives activists and volunteers with data, steering and coaching to successfully foyer policymakers to cross laws.
- Forges and maintains key relationships in and with area people, decision-makers, and grassroots companions.
- Organizes and represents the ACLU of MD at public occasions (rallies, city corridor conferences, panel discussions, and so forth.) to mobilize impacted communities, ACLU members, and the general public at massive.
- Manages a number of initiatives concurrently and modify technique to incessantly altering calls for.
- Workouts unbiased judgment and discretion with respect to improvement and implementation of methods and initiatives.
- Private dedication to advancing the ACLU’s values, mission, targets and packages, with an understanding of the vary of civil rights and civil liberties points and their implications.
- A demonstrated dedication to racial fairness, dismantling white supremacy and incorporating a structural energy evaluation. Expertise centering race fairness in all facets of organizing.
- Data and understanding of how energy is manifested in issues of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or desire, gender id, gender expression, faith, capability, and socio-economic circumstances.
- 4 years of related work expertise, or an equal mixture of training and/or work expertise, together with subject organizing, volunteer recruitment, coaching, marketing campaign technique, and constructing volunteer-leadership.
- Capability to self-start and execute with a demonstrated capability to handle particulars with assist of direct supervision.
- Potential to deal with and prioritize a number of actions and duties with deliberate time administration expertise and the power to work underneath strain.
- Distinctive interpersonal expertise, together with a capability to navigate and resolve battle in a fashion that values and respects relationships with colleagues inside and outdoors the ACL
- Expertise with digital instruments for volunteer outreach and administration, equivalent to mass texting and database expertise
- Glorious communication expertise, each written and oral, and talent to talk in public together with facilitating conferences and trainings. (Bilingual, Spanish-English, a plus).
- Proficiency with computer systems: MacOS, Microsoft Workplace, and web analysis particularly.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working and speaking productively with impacted populations, coalitions and group teams, encourage volunteers, work throughout the political spectrum, and worth variations of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith, capability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, together with some weekends and evenings. Should have a automobile and willingness to journey inside the state, together with a present driver’s license.
This place is a non-management place and doesn't encompasses supervisory duty. This place operates now and again as staff lead whereas working with:
- Group volunteers
Compensation and Advantages:
Wage is commensurate with expertise ($60,000.00 – $65,000.00). Glorious advantages embrace three weeks paid trip at time of rent (rising to 4 weeks after 4 years); 13 paid workplace holidays; 12 paid sick days, telework and flex-time, beneficiant medical insurance coverage together with two well being, dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage choices for employees members, their dependents and partner/home accomplice; versatile spending accounts worker help plan; six weeks of paid medical depart, life and unintended loss of life and dismemberment insurance coverage, short-term incapacity and long-term incapacity insurance coverage; and 401(okay) outlined contribution retirement plan with employer match, free on-site parking, further commuter advantages with entry to commuter rail station. Direct publicity to cuttingedge civil liberties and civil rights work. This can be a place is within the bargaining unit represented by OPEIU Native 2 and is exempt from the extra time provisions of the Honest Labor Requirements Act
Deadline/Begin Date: The place will stay open till crammed. Interviews will likely be scheduled on a rolling foundation.
Please submit a canopy letter, resume, three skilled references, and a brief (now not than 5 pages) writing pattern at this web site: Right here.
For alternate strategies to use please e mail HRaclu-md.org. We discourage candidates from making use of by means of third occasion web sites. Early purposes are strongly inspired. It won't be potential for us to answer phone or e mail inquiries. Resumes or purposes despatched through different avenues won't be thought of.
In regards to the ACLU of Maryland
The ACLU of Maryland is an equal alternative employer. We're dedicated to variety and inclusion in our work and on our groups. We encourage purposes from all certified people with out regard to race, coloration, gender, sexual orientation or desire, gender id and expression, age, nationwide origin, marital standing, citizenship, incapacity, veteran, or previously incarcerated individual standing. Individuals with disabilities could request lodging. The ACLU of Maryland is a non-partisan, non-profit public curiosity group dedicated to defending civil rights and civil liberties. The ACLU of MD is an affiliate of the nationwide ACLU, a key defender of civil liberties assured by the Invoice of Rights. The ACLU works within the courts, legislature and in communities to defend and broaden particular person rights and private freedoms assured by the Structure, the Invoice of Rights, and civil rights legal guidelines. The ACLU of Maryland is dedicated to centering race fairness in our work, internally and externally, to be able to higher assist and be accountable to communities of coloration, whose civil rights and civil liberties are systematically threatened by white supremacy.