- Check in along with your little one every morning for signs of illness. If your little one has a temperature of 100.four levels or greater, they need to not go to high school.
- Make certain your little one doesn’t have a sore throat or different indicators of sickness, like a cough, diarrhea, extreme headache, vomiting, or physique aches.
- If your little one has had shut contact to a COVID-19 case, they need to not go to high school. Follow steerage on what to do when someone has known exposure.
- Identify your college level particular person(s) to contact in case your little one will get sick.
Name of faculty level particular person(s):
- Be acquainted with local COVID-19 testingexternal icon websites within the occasion you or your little one develops signs. These might embody websites with free testing out there.
My native testing choices:
- Make certain your little one is up-to-date with all recommended vaccines, together with for flu. All school-aged kids ought to get an influenza flu vaccine each season, with rare exceptions. This is very necessary this yr as a result of we don’t but know if being sick with COVID-19 similtaneously the flu will end in extra extreme sickness.
Date of flu vaccination:
- Be acquainted with how your college will make water out there in the course of the day. Consider packing a water bottle.
- Develop day by day routines earlier than and after college—for instance, issues to pack for varsity within the morning (like hand sanitizer and an extra (again up) fabric face overlaying) and issues to do whenever you return house (like washing palms instantly and washing worn cloth face coverings).
- Talk to your little one about precautions to take at college. Children could also be suggested to:
- Wash and sanitize their palms extra usually.
- Keep bodily distance from different college students.
- Wear a fabric face overlaying.
- Avoid sharing objects with different college students, together with water bottles, units, writing devices, and books.
- Use hand sanitizer (that accommodates no less than 60% alcohol.) Make certain you’re utilizing a secure product. FDA recalled productsexternal icon that comprise poisonous methanol. Monitor how they really feel and inform an grownup if they don’t seem to be feeling properly.
- Make certain your info is present at college, together with emergency contacts and people approved to select up your little one(ren) from college. If that listing contains anybody who’s at elevated danger for extreme sickness from COVID-19, take into account figuring out an alternate particular person.
- Be acquainted with your college’s plan for the way they’ll talk with households when a constructive case or publicity to somebody with COVID-19 is recognized and guarantee pupil privateness is upheld.
- Plan for attainable college closures or durations of quarantine. If transmission is growing in your neighborhood or if a number of kids or employees take a look at constructive for COVID-19, the college constructing may shut. Similarly, if a detailed contact of your little one (inside or outdoors of faculty) assessments constructive for COVID-19, your little one might have to remain house for a 2-week quarantine interval. You might have to contemplate the feasibility of teleworking, taking depart from work, or figuring out somebody who can supervise your little one within the occasion of faculty constructing closures or quarantine.
- Plan for transportation:
- If your little one rides a bus, plan on your little one to put on a fabric face overlaying on the bus and discuss to your little one concerning the significance of following bus guidelines and any spaced seating guidelines.
- If carpooling, plan on each little one within the carpool and the driving force sporting fabric face coverings for your complete journey. If your college makes use of the cohort mannequin, take into account discovering households inside your little one’s group/cohort at college to be a part of the carpool.
- If your little one has an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan or receives different studying help (e.g., tutoring), ask your college how these providers will proceed.
- If your little one receives speech, occupational or bodily remedy or different associated providers from the college, ask your college how these providers will proceed.
- If your little one receives psychological well being or behavioral providers (e.g., social expertise coaching, counseling), ask your college how these providers will proceed.
- If your college makes use of a cohorting mannequin, take into account limiting your little one’s in-person out-of-school interactions to kids in the identical cohort or to actions the place bodily distancing might be maintained.
- Reinforce the idea of bodily distancing along with your little one.
- Talk to your college directors and lecturers about their plans for bodily schooling and bodily exercise (e.g., recess).
Safer choices embody being outdoor when attainable, lowering the variety of individuals in an indoor house, and inspiring college students to remain no less than 6 ft aside.
- Ask how your college plans to assist be certain that college students are following practices to scale back the unfold of COVID-19.